I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite romances of all time! Whether you’re in the mood for a hysterical, heartfelt, mysterious or classic film, there is lovely treasure on this list for everyone.
10. Crazy Stupid Love– I am just completely obsessed with this movie. It’s the perfect date movie with all of the (literally) crazy relationships going on in the film. Ryan Gosling and Steve Carell’s relationship is by far the most entertaining and that cute scene with Gosling and Emma Stone is just to die for!
9. Breakfast at Tiffany’s– Classic Audrey Hepburn, that memorable kiss in the rain and of course, Tiffany’s jewelry, what more could a girl want?
8. Dirty Dancing– A fan favorite, a badass boy meets good girl classic and Patrick Swayze at his finest!
7. True Romance– If you’re in the mood for a crazy, fun, action packed film, Tony Scott’s True Romance is your pick. Alabama and Clarence would do absolutely anything for each other! If you’re hating on the holiday this year, this may be a good one for you too.
6. The Notebook, Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams have perfect chemistry and the story is heartfelt, engaging and one of Nicolas Spark’s best!
5. Casablanca– “As Time Goes By” is one of the most romantic songs ever. Casablanca is the only black and white on this list and one of the best melancholy love stories ever told.
4. Sleepless in Seattle– There’s just something magical about Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan on screen. This film slightly shadows An Affair to Remember where the two are destined to meet on the top of the Empire’s State building on Valentine’s Day. The soundtrack is wonderful too.
3. Pride & Prejudice– Either film version is amazing. But pick the Keira Knightley one on V-night since its the shorter film. Between the beautiful English scenery and the chemistry between Knightley and MacFayden, P & P is unforgettable.
2. An Affair to Remember– Easily the most heartbreaking film on the list. Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr are both married to other people, but fall in love during an ocean voyage. I cry at the end of this film, every time.
1. When Harry Met Sally– The ultimate of rom-coms, chick-flicks, whatever you may call it! Harry and Sally tell the traditional tale of two people who start out as friends and end up falling for each other. Harry: “I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” Ahh, gets me every time!